Lady Gaga's Epic Return with 8 New Songs on 'The Fame Monster'!


Lady Gaga announced today that she will release 'The Fame Monster', a re-package of her 4 million-selling album 'The Fame'. The album will include the entire breakthrough album 'The Fame', along with eight entirely new songs. 'The Fame Monster' (Streamline/KonLive/Cherrytree/Interscope Records), deals with the seamier side of fame, as experienced by Gaga over the course of her last history-making year. The new version will be released on November 24, 2009.

Says Lady Gaga, "On my re-release 'The Fame Monster', I wrote about everything I didn't write on 'The Fame'. While traveling the world for two years, I've encountered several monsters, each represented by a different song on the new record: my ‘Fear of Sex Monster,’ my ‘Fear of Alcohol Monster,’ my ‘Fear of Love Monster,’ my ‘Fear of Death Monster,’ my ‘Fear of Loneliness Monster,’ etc.”

“I spent a lot of nights in Eastern Europe, and this album is a pop experimentation with industrial/Goth beats, 90's dance melodies, an obsession with the lyrical genius of 80's melancholic pop, and the runway. I wrote while watching muted fashion shows and I am compelled to say my music was scored for them. I also composed a ballad for the album, "Speechless", a song for my father, and it's my favorite work of all. I wrote every piece on the road - no songs about money, no songs about fame. I wrote it for my fans, so I wrote everything in between."

The first club-banging single, the RedOne-produced "Bad Romance", will be released in early November. Other collaborators on the new tracks include Teddy Riley, Rodney Jerkins, Ron Fair and Fernando Garibay.

Lady Gaga is also in the process of planning her next tour after her co-headlining tour with Kanye West was canceled last week.