Prince Montreux Jazz Festival Reviews, Pictures, Videos


"Montreux, thank you," Prince said, as he blew a kiss to the crowd before kicking off an encore with "Insatiable."

Prince closed the Montreux Jazz Festival with two amazing shows! He's receiving a lot of praise by organizers, fans, and critics!

Claude Nobs, founder of the festival in its 43rd annual edition, told fans cheering in vain for a second encore: "The jazz set he created here tonight has never been performed elsewhere."

"This was a very different show," said Patrick O'Keeffe, from Ireland. "He rarely plays with just three band members, normally it is much bigger band with brass and horns and sax."








FIRST CONCERT SET LIST:

When I lay my hands on u
Little red corvette
Somewhere here on earth
When the lights go down
Willing and able
I love u but I don't trust u anymore
She spoke 2 me
Love like jazz
All this love

1st encore:
Empty room
Elixer
In a large room with no light

2nd encore:
Insatiable
Scandalous
The Beautiful Ones
Nothing Compares 2 U

the band was:
John Blackwell
Rhonda Smith
Renato Neto

4 the encores: as above plus Mr Hayes


SECOND CONCERT SET LIST:

When I Lay My Hands On U
Stratus / That's It
John Blackwell solo
All Shook Up
Peach
Spanish Castle Magic
When U Were Mine
Little Red Corvette
Somewhere Here On Earth
She Spoke 2 Me
I Love U But I Don't Trust U Anymore Love Like Jazz
All The Critics Love U In Montreux / Housequake

Encore:

In A Large Room With No Light
Purple Rain