Ashlee Simpson Biography

Why Is She Famous?

Automatically famous as the younger sister of pop star Jessica Simpson, Ashlee Simpson became well-known in her own right as Cecilia on 7th Heaven and star of her own show, The Ashlee Simpson Show. Her focus has since shifted to music, both on Broadway and in the recording studio.


Ashlee SimpsonAshlee Simpson

Date of Birth:
3 October 1984, Waco, Texas, USA

Birth Name:
Ashley Nicolle Simpson

Nickname:
Ash

Height:
5' 6½" (1.69 m)

Ashlee Simpson PictureAshlee Simpson Picture

Mailing Address:

Ashlee Simpson
c/o Creative Artists Agency
2000 Avenue Of The Stars

Los Angeles, CA 90067

 Ashlee Simpson HairAshlee Simpson Hair

Ashlee Simpson Biography:

Ashlee Nicole Simpson was born on October 3, 1984, in Waco, Texas, and raised in Dallas. She's the daughter of Joe and Tina Simpson, and the younger sister of pop star/reality TV queen Jessica Simpson. Attending Prairie Creek Elementary School, Ashlee's talent was apparent early on: At age 4 she started dancing, and by the time she was 11, she was the youngest person to ever be admitted to the prestigious School of American Ballet.

Ashlee Simpson ShadowAshlee Simpson Shadow

When Ashlee Simpson was 14, she began to dance professionally, and the Simpson family moved to Los Angeles. Not long after, Ashlee went on the road, dancing as part of her sister's stage show. She supported Jessica's rise to fame from 1999 to 2001, all the while dreaming of acting and pursuing her own music career.

Ashlee Simpson PicAshlee Simpson Pic

ashlee simpson joins 7th heaven
In 2001, Ashlee made her first solo television appearance in a small role on Malcolm in the Middle, and during this time she appeared alongside her more famous sibling on Saved by the Bell, The Donny & Marie Show, The Rosie O'Donnell Show, The View, The Tonight Show with Jay Leno, and a Disney Christmas show and concert special. Ashlee also took a part in the Rob Schneider comedy The Hot Chick (2002).

Ashlee Simpson WallpaperAshlee Simpson Wallpaper

But it was on TV that Ashlee Simpson first got the role that would catapult her to greater stardom: In 2002, she was cast as Cecilia Smith, girlfriend of Simon Camden on the popular WB drama 7th Heaven. While playing this recurring role, Ashlee took lessons from renowned acting coach Janet Alhanti. All the same, Ashlee began to take small steps toward becoming a singer as well, and in between breaks in her shooting schedule she recorded songs such as "Just Let Me Cry" for the Freaky Friday soundtrack.

Ashlee Simpson ImageAshlee Simpson Image

the ashlee simpson show
In late 2003, Ashlee Simpson signed a recording contract with Geffen Records to make her first album. At the same time, her father, Joe, asked her if she wanted to have a show built around her. Ashlee declined at first, but agreed when Joe Simpson suggested it be about the making of her upcoming album.

The Ashlee Simpson Show premiered on June 16, 2004, on MTV, and the album, Autobiography, was released on July 20th, after the show finished its run. The debut single, "Pieces of Me," hit No. 1 on the charts.

Ashlee Simpson BikiniAshlee Simpson Bikini

Later in 2004, Ashlee Simpson was set to perform on Saturday Night Live but a technical mishap caused the cancellation of the performance and a great embarrassment as it proved the starlet was lip-synching.

ashlee simpson releases i am me
Ashlee Simpson's second album, I Am Me, hit music store shelves in the U.S. in October 2005, and the single "Boyfriend" became a top 20 hit on the Billboard Top 100.

Ashlee Simpson Lovely WallpaperAshlee Simpson Lovely Wallpaper

After touring in support of her second album, Ashlee hit the stage as Roxy Hart in the London stage production of Chicago.

ashlee simpson is named no. 93 in 2008 top 99
In 2007, Ashlee Simpson began working on her third album, Bittersweet World, and worked with producers such as Timbaland, Kenna and Will.i.am.

Ashlee Simpson Hot PicAshlee Simpson Hot Pic

And, in 2008, Ashlee Simpson placed No. 93 on AskMen.com's Top 99 Most Desirable Women list, showing the world that despite past mishaps she's still hot stuff and geared to take on her sister and the industry. She also announced her engagement to Pete Wentz from the band Fallout Boy. Just after this, it was speculated that Ashlee Simpson was pregnant.

Ashlee Simpson PictureAshlee Simpson Picture

Ashlee Simpson Quotes:

"Because of my family, I was very driven and I really wanted to be where I am today."

"Image is something that people think too much about. When it comes to style and clothes, it's about feeling confident in what you're wearing."

"I knew that if I wanted to do a sappy ballad album I could, but it wouldn't be me. It would be so awkward."

Ashlee Simpson SmileAshlee Simpson Smile

"I think that if you love something so much you have to do it. I love music so much, there was no choice."

"The first show I did, I was so nervous I tripped during my first song!"

"This business looks glamorous and fun, but it's so much work. There are moments when you are like, 'Oh my God, all this work has paid off and it's so cool.'"

Ashlee Simpson Lovely PhotoAshlee Simpson Lovely Photo

"I would sing behind closed doors growing up. Jessica was so good and it made me shy about my own voice. But, I don't hide my singing - not anymore. I sing punk music actually. I love to run around and scream and rock out and play guitar."

"'Autobiography' is basically a response to people assuming I'm a Jessica clone. It's like, 'If you wanna know me, just ask me!"

Ashlee Simpson Sexy WallpaperAshlee Simpson Sexy Wallpaper

I've always been a rocker. Like ever since I was really young. I had a crush on the Green Day guys. That's always been what I was like and been my interest. Then I was in a punk band for a while and we broke up."

"I've always loved rock music. I went to ballet school and had orange hair. I've always been out there."

"I've never looked at myself and thought "Oh yeah, I'm sexy". I've felt sexy and confident, but I don't look at myself that way"

"No matter what people say, your fans are the ones that come to watch the movie or come to your shows and that's the most important thing."

Ashlee Simpson Hot PictureAshlee Simpson Hot Picture

I think shoes say a lot about a person. Growing up, in the front shoe closet of my house, half of it would be full of Jessica's high heels and half would be full of my mismatched Converse. I think if I had first walked into the studio wearing high heels people wouldn't have taken me seriously at all. I walked in wearing my Cons and they knew, 'this girl is here to rock.'

"I like to do chill things on dates. I think it would be fun to go to the zoo. I know it's really weird and random, but I love animals. It'd be like a day of doing silly things, while enjoying nature."

Ashlee Simpson PhotoAshlee Simpson Photo

"I never worry about looking cool in front of a guy. I have never been a self-conscious girl. Goofing around is part of being comfortable with yourself. I've always been good at meeting new people. I just say, 'Hi, how you doing?' and soon we'll end up laughing about something."

"Jess has always made funny comments where you're like, 'Where in the hell did that come from?' But I think it's charming."

- Ashlee Simpson, on her sister, Jessica Simpson.

---Ashlee Simpson