Angelina Jolie Biography











Why Is She Famous?
Angelina Jolie has starred in thrillers like The Bone Collector and Taking Lives, blockbusters such as Gone in Sixty Seconds, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider, Mr. & Mrs. Smith, A Mighty Heart, and Wanted, and bombs like Alexander. She's also famous for her headlining way of life. From her well-documented marriage to Billy Bob Thornton to her highly publicized romance with Brad Pitt, Angelina Jolie is famous for both her personal and professional lives.
Angelina Jolie sexy wallpaper Angelina Jolie sexy wallpaper


Date of Birth:

4 June 1975, Los Angeles, California, USA

Birth Name:

Angelina Jolie Voight

Nickname:

Angie, Catwoman, Ange, AJ

Height:
5' 8" (1.73 m)

Sign:
Gemini

Hair:
Brown



Father:
Jon Voight

Mother:
Marcheline Betrand

Brother
James Haven Voight





Spouse:
Billy Bob Thornton (May 2000-present)(actor, director, writer)
Jonny Lee Miller (1996-1999)(actor)






Salary
A Mighty Heart (2007) $10,000,000
The Good Shepherd (2006) $10,000,000
Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005) $20,000,000
Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003) $12,000,000
Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001) $7,000,000



Beauty Angelina Jolie with Handsome Brad PittBeauty Angelina Jolie with Handsome Brad Pitt



Mailing Address:
Angelina Jolie
c/o Media Talent Group
9200 Sunset Blvd., Suite 550
West Hollywood, CA 90069



Sexy Angelina Jolie Wallpaper Sexy Angelina Jolie wallpaper



Awards:



ShoWest
Year : 2000
Category : Best Supporting Actress
For : Girl Interrupted
Won

Oscar
Year : 1999
Category : Best Supporting Actress
For : Girl Interrupted
Won

Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild
Year : 1999
Category : Best Supporting Actress
For : Girl Interrupted
Won




Golden Satellite, Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild,
Year : 1998
Category : Best Actress in a TV movie or a mini-series
For : Gia
Won

National Board of Review
Year : 1998
Category : Breakthrough Performance
For : Playing by Heart
Won

Golden Globe
Year : 1997
Category : Best Supporting Actress in a TV movie or a mini-series
For : George Wallace
Won





ShoWest
Year : 2000
Category : Best Supporting Actress
For : Girl Interrupted
Won

Oscar
Year : 1999
Category : Best Supporting Actress
For : Girl Interrupted
Won

Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild
Year : 1999
Category : Best Supporting Actress
For : Girl Interrupted
Won

Golden Satellite, Golden Globe, Screen Actors Guild,
Year : 1998
Category : Best Actress in a TV movie or a mini-series
For : Gia
Won

National Board of Review
Year : 1998
Category : Breakthrough Performance
For : Playing by Heart
Won

Golden Globe
Year : 1997
Category : Best Supporting Actress in a TV movie or a mini-series
For : George Wallace
Won




Angelina Jolie Biography:
Angelina Jolie Voight was born on June 4, 1975, to Oscar-winning actor Jon Voight and actress Marcheline Bertrand. At age 11, four years after making her film debut opposite her father in Lookin' to Get Out, Angelina Jolie began studying acting at the Lee Strasberg Theatre Institute.
Although her dream as a child was actually to become a funeral director, 16-year-old Angelina Jolie worked as a professional model in London, New York and Los Angeles. Musical groups and singers such as the Rolling Stones, Lemonheads, Meatloaf, and Lenny Kravitz cast her in their music videos, and even her brother James Haven Voight directed her in his student films for the USC School of Cinema.
Wishing to get even closer to pursuing an acting career, Jolie studied at L.A.'s MET Theatre Company, which also counts Ed Harris and Holly Hunter among its alumni.


Angelina Jolie Hot Wallpaper

angelina jolie in hackers
Angelina Jolie's first foray into film was of a sci-fi nature, with a supporting role in 1993's Cyborg 2, which didn't even make it to the big screen, and a lead role in Hackers (1995) where she met her future ex-husband, British actor Jonny Lee Miller of Trainspotting fame. They were separated within the year and filed for divorce in 1999.
Angelina Jolie's career as an actress, however, was flying high. She received critical acclaim for Without Evidence (1995) in which she portrayed a drug-addicted teen, as well as for her roles as a rebellious teen known as Legs in Foxfire (1996) and as an Italian girl in love with the son of her family's rival in Love Is All There Is (1996).
In 1997, she had a supporting role in the box office bomb Playing God, starring David Duchovny and Timothy Hutton.



Angelina Jolie Sexy Lips Wallpaper




angelina jolie wins a golden globe
Angelina Jolie's television roles were what gained her the ultimate respect of critics. She was honored with a 1997 Best Supporting Actress Golden Globe Award and an Emmy nomination for her role as Cornelia Wallace in the TV movie George Wallace, costarring Gary Sinise. But the best was yet to come for Angelina Jolie.




She won her second Golden Globe for her role as model Gia Carangi in HBO's biopic Gia. Her intense portrayal of the drug-addicted model who was diagnosed with AIDS was highly deserving of the Best Actress Golden Globe and Emmy nomination.




Lovely Angelina jolie Wallpaper





angelina jolie in the bone collectors
On the big screen, Angelina Jolie was well-received by audiences for her role in 1998's Playing By Heart with Sean Connery, Gillian Anderson and Ryan Phillippe. She also c Billy Bob Thornton's seductive wife in 1999's Pushing Tin and starred opposite big-leaguer Denzel Washington in the thriller The Bone Collector later that year.
But it was her supporting role in 1999's Girl, Interrupted that showed audiences her dramatic skills, garnering her a Golden Globe and an Oscar for Best Supporting Actress. Angelina Jolie created controversy when she showed up at the Oscars with her brother James and kissed him as though he was her boyfriend. The two later denied rumors that they had in an incestuous relationship.


Angelina Jolie Hot Wallpaper




angelina jolie marries billy bob thornton
In 2000, Angelina Jolie eloped with her Pushing Tin costar Billy Bob Thornton, but after they adopted a Cambodian boy named Maddox Chivan Thornton Jolie in 2002, their marriage fell apart and they filed for divorce. While it lasted, their sexually charged marriage was the subject of much tabloid fodder; the eccentric couple carried vials of each other's blood around their necks and were prone to public displays of affection.
In 2001, Angelina Jolie was appointed Goodwill Ambassador for the United Nations High Commissioner for Refugees.


Angelina Jolie Hot Wallpaper



angelina jolie is lara croft in tomb raider
During that time, Angelina Jolie also starred in a slew of films, including Gone in Sixty Seconds (2000) with Nicolas Cage, Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001), for which Angelina is proud to say she did her own stunts, Original Sin (2001) with Antonio Banderas, Life Or Something Like It (2002), Lara Croft Tomb Raider: The Cradle of Life (2003), and Beyond Borders (2003).
In 2004, Angelina Jolie was busy starring in Taking Lives, Sky Captain and the World of Tomorrow, Shark Tale, and as Olympias in Oliver Stone's Alexander.


Angelina Jolie Black Dress Wallpaper




angelina jolie meets brad pitt
After Angelina Jolie starred alongside Brad Pitt in the romantic comedy Mr. & Mrs. Smith (2005), rumors began circulating that the two were an item, even though Brad was in the process of separating from his wife Jennifer Aniston. Although the pair denied the rumors, pictures of them playing with little Maddox on the beach in Kenya emerged in April 2005, and several more tabloid photos in the months that followed confirmed they were an item.







angelina jolie adopts zahara
On July 6, 2005, Angelina Jolie adopted her second child, a 6-month-old girl named Zahara Marley from Ethiopia. Months later, it was revealed that Brad and Angelina had made the decision to adopt Zahara together. Just eight days later, Brad's request to legally adopt Maddox and Zahara went through, and their last names were changed to Jolie-Pitt.
After much media attention, on May 27, 2006, Angelina gave birth to Brad Pitt's child, a girl named Shiloh Nouvel Jolie-Pitt, in Namibia.
Among all the action in her personal life, Angelina Jolie amazingly managed to get some work done. In 2006, she appeared in the Robert De Niro-directed The Good Shepherd.


Beauty Angelina Jolie Wallpaper




angelina jolie adopts pax
In March 2007, Angelina Jolie adopted a 3-year-old boy from Vietnam, Pax Thien Jolie-Pitt, who was born on November 29, 2003, and was abandoned at birth at a local hospital. Angelina named him Pax, which was suggested by her mother before she passed away.


Angelina Jolie Wallpaper




angelina jolie in wanted
Angelina Jolie "unofficially" announced she was pregnant by wearing a form-fitting dress at the 2008 Independent Spirit Awards, indirectly confirming the rumors circulating that she was with child.
In 2008, Angelina Jolie was involved in several film projects, including Wanted starring Morgan Freeman and James McAvoy, Kung Fu Panda and Changeling.


Angelina Jolie Lovely Wallpaper



Personal Quotes:
Therapy? I don't need that. The roles that I choose are my therapy.



Because I am a bad girl, people always automatically think that I am a bad girl. Or that I carry a dark secret with me or that I'm obsessed with death. The truth is that I am probably the least morbid person one can meet. If I think more about death than some other people, it is probably because I love life more than they do.

You're young, you're drunk, you're in bed, you have knives; shit happens.


And my dad, you're a great actor but you're a better father.



Angelina Jolie Sexy Hot Wallpaper

[On if she ever caught her husband Billy Bob Thornton cheating] I've told Billy if I ever caught him cheating, I wouldn't kill him because I love his children and they need a dad. But I would beat him up. I know where all of his sports injuries are. And I'd beat her, too!




I'll make it real simple, I'm a 36-C. In the game, she's a double-D. In the movie [Lara Croft: Tomb Raider (2001)] she's a D. We split the difference . . . [Lara] is much more athletic, and she has smaller breasts, but she's still Lara Croft, so there.



Angelina Jolie Wallpaper





I seem to be getting a lot of things pushed my way that are strong women. It's like people see Hackers (1995) and they send me offers to play tough women with guns, the kind who wear no bra and a little tank top. I'd like to play strong women who are also very feminine.

I'd like to believe that the people that have supported me in my work or identified with me in films, the people that feel they know me, they do and they don't have misconceptions - they understand. I believe that.


Angelina Jolie Hot Pics





[on her split from husband Billy Bob Thornton] I'm angry. I'm sad. It's a very difficult and sad time. It was a real deep connection, a deep marriage, so it's not that simple to say this or that one thing caused the problems. It's clear to me that our priorities shifted overnight. He's focused on his music and career. I'm focused on my baby. It comes down to what's important to you.

[People Magazine 8 July 1996] There's something about death that is comforting. The thought that you could die tomorrow frees you to appreciate life now.



Angelina Lovely Wallpaper



[on playing Olympias in Alexander (2004)] I felt that if I lived at that time, with the dangers she had and the threats she had and the lack of power she had as a woman, I would not have been that different from her. And I thought I also just saw her as a mother who really would push her son at a time that if he didn't get the throne, he didn't acquire a certain kind of strength and ability and greatness, he would probably just die or be killed or be exiled. So out of concern, out of love for your own, just to come from this place that seems very much like the horrible mafia father, but in fact it was for his own survival that she was focused on, which made it very easy for me to focus on thinking of my own son and what he had to do to protect himself from bad things that could hurt him.






If you don't get out of the box you've been raised in, you won't understand how much bigger the world is.



[on the superficiality of the industry] We are setting an example of what we think is beautiful and you really want to put that much make up on me?



You might never find out that you are useful for all the right reasons - and not all those stupid things that people tell you you're useful for.



[(CNN International Edition 29th January, 2005)] My role as goodwill ambassador has made my work as a film star relatively dull. I can't find anything that interests me enough to go back to work. I'm simply not excited about anything. I'm not excited about going to a film set.



[on what she does with the money she makes each year] Save one-third, live on one-third and give away one-third.



If I make a fool of myself, who cares? I'm not frightened by anyone's perception of me.

If I think more about death than some other people, it is probably because I love life more than they do.



Love one person, take care of them until you die. You know, raise kids. Have a good life. Be a good friend. And try to be completely who you are. And figure out what you personally love. And like go after it with everything you've got no matter how much it takes.



[Regarding the possibility of marriage with her current beau and father of her child, Brad Pitt] We have both been married before so it's not marriage that necessarily kept some people together.




[2002] I'm drawn to kids that are already born. I think some people are meant to do certain things, and I believe I'm meant to find my children in the world somewhere and not necessarily have them genetically.



[interview with Ann Curry] I'm in a strange, I suppose, place in my life. I think that happens when you lose a parent, where you drop into a different kind of serious. And yet, at the same time, you want to laugh and enjoy as much as possible every day. I'm hanging on to my family really tight at this moment, and, because of that, trying to be as good a woman as I can be in my life. Dammit, you got me crying.



It's alright. It's a part of life . . . I lost my mom. It's a natural thing for a child to lose a parent. I lost my mom too young, but it happened. And I'm happy she's out of pain, because I love her and she's my friend.






"Not many people know this about me but I'm a natural blonde. My hair went from light blonde naturally to a darker kind of blonde. My mother dyed my hair dark when I was a child as I loved the look then. So I'm basically a natural blonde."




"I don't believe in guilt, I believe in living on impulse as long as you never intentionally hurt another person. And don't judge people in your life. I think you should live completely free."
- Angelina Jolie