Rachel Bilson Biography


Why Is She Famous?
Rachel Bilson has slowly but surely built up her acting resume. Following brief appearances in shows like Buffy the Vampire Slayer and 8 Simple Rules... for Dating My Teenage Daughter, she landed a role that left everyone talking: that of Summer Roberts on FOX's hit drama, The O.C. With the success of this show, Rachel Bilson became a hot commodity. She followed up that role with a part on the prime-time comedy Chuck and on the big screen in the thriller Jumper.

Rachel Bilson Picture

Rachel Bilson Picture


Name
Rachel Bilson

Birthdate
November 13th, 1981

Birthplace
Los Angeles, California, USA

Birth name
Rachelle Sarah Bilson

Rachel Bilson Lovely Wallpaper

Rachel Bilson Lovely Wallpaper


Education
Notre Dame Highschool (1999)

Height
5' 4

Nationality
American

Occupation
Actor

Rachel Bilson Hot Wallpaper

Rachel Bilson Hot Wallpaper

Awards

Teen Choice Award

Year : 2004

Category : Choice Breakout TV Star - Female & Choice TV Actress - Drama/Action Adventure

For : The O.C.

Nominated


Mailing Address

Rachel Bilson
c/o Creative Artists Agency
2000 Avenue of the Stars
Los Angeles, CA 90067


Biography

Born in Los Angeles, California, in 1981, Rachelle Jade Bilson was always treated like a princess. Her older brothers and parents spoiled her from birth, and she grew up quite comfortably as a result. Throughout her childhood years, she learned how to wrap her older siblings and friends around her little finger, becoming that cute, sly girl that no one could help but love. In doing so, she proved she had a natural flair for dramatics even before hitting the stage or standing in front of a camera.

rachel bilson on the wrong guys
Her family encouraged her to put her attitude to use by becoming an actress and so, when she was 7 years old, Mr. and Mrs. Bilson helped their daughter land her first role in the film The Wrong Guys with comedian Louie Anderson. Rachel Bilson continued to audition for roles during her early years at Notre Dame High School. Through the recommendation of a close friend, she received a part in the seven-episode miniseries Human Target. The role was small, but it helped Rachel Bilson realize that acting was something she wanted to do full-time. Following graduation, she pursued this new passion and hired an agent, who helped get her foot in the door.
rachel bilson on once upon a mattress
Rachel Bilson's first high-profile gig was on stage in a production of Bye Bye Birdie. She figured prominently in the play and used the experience as a launching pad for two more theatrical productions: The Crucible and Once Upon a Mattress. She had landed a solid role on a fantasy series called It's True in 1998, but the show never took off because CBS couldn't find the financing to air it. Despite this letdown, Rachel Bilson continued to plug away and starred in a television commercial for Subway before finally coming into her own.

rachel bilson on the o.c. Thanks to constant auditioning and a well-connected agent, Rachel Bilson reached new heights in 2003. She appeared in an episode of Buffy the Vampire Slayer and 8 Simple Rules... for Dating My Teenage Daughter before landing the lead role in a short film called Unbroken.

Thanks to this exposure, Rachel Bilson was invited to attend an audition for FOX's potential new hit, The O.C. The show was aiming to target the same audience as previously successful shows like Beverly Hills, 90210 and Melrose Place. This was perfectly in line with Rachel Bilson's capabilities, whose youthful, vibrant personality and sexy look impressed the producers of The O.C. They cast her as Summer Roberts, best friend of Marissa Cooper (played by Mischa Barton) and spoiled beauty who personifies the "Valley Girl" stereotype.

rachel bilson in chuck
After the show's smashing debut in the summer of 2003, Rachel Bilson became a much-talked about new star and was featured in such magazines as Zink, Stuff, CosmoGirl, and YM. Thanks to the popularity of The O.C., the show lasted for four seasons before it came to an end. During the show's successful run, Rachel Bilson made Maxim magazine's Hot 100 List in '05 and '06. She was also named one of People magazine's 50 Most Beautiful People in 2006.

The O.C. wasn't the end of Rachel Bilson's budding television career. In 2007, she was cast in the highly anticipated prime-time comedy Chuck alongside actor Zachary Levi.She also received a role in the time-traveling thriller Jumper, which hit the big screen in '08. In it, she acted alongside boyfriend Hayden Christensen.


Rachel Bilson Personal Quotes

I grew up sort of like a princess. I know that sounds awful, but I was the baby of the family. I had older brothers, so the little girl always gets everything she wants. As I've gotten older, I've realized that if you want something bad enough, you can have it. I've never gone after something I didn't get. Not yet.
It's great playing someone who is not like me at all. I'm really a nice girl, so it's fun to be a bitch, then come home and be myself again. When I meet people now, they're surprised that I'm a good person.

I love the fact that we play people who are not like us at all and we can just go crazy at work and then be very normal after filming.

I feel very lucky to work in the environment that I work in. I'm surrounded by people that I love and care about and who make me laugh every day. I get to work with my friends and you really can't ask for more than that.

A lot of people are surprised by how nice I am. Summer and I are both driven, but I'm not snobby. I'm a pretty good conversationalist and I like meeting new people.
I feel like you have to be who you are and be true to yourself first, always. You can't worry about how your're going to be perceived by other people. I have a quote that my mom taught me: 'It's none of my business what other people think of me.'

"Josh Schwartz likes to dress me up. It's uncomfortable being in that Little Miss Vixen outfit for 17 hours, but it's fun as long as you can make fun of yourself. That's key".

Rachel Bilson Hot PicsRachel Bilson Hot Pics

I kind of just take things one day at a time and do what I do and hope that I'm not known as Summer Roberts for the rest of my life. But I'm grateful that she is known, and that I'm known for her, because it's really brought me everything.

It was like second nature in a way, because I was familiar with the sets and stuff and it wasn't like a strange world. It was like all things in life: You try it and if it makes you happy, it sticks. (On starting professional acting.)

I feel pretty strongly about it, morally. It's not necessary to be exploited in that kind of way. I can't say that I'll never do it, but I don't see a reason now, especially when you're still trying to establish yourself. It's just more important to be known for your acting and that you're not willing to strip down for a scene. (On her refusal to film nude scenes.)

I hate it when people are like, 'How do you stay thin?' or 'Do you work out? What's your routine? What's your diet?' Then it's like, 'If I tell you I don't, then are you going to give me a hard time?'
---Rachel Bilson